Talisman Energy Norway AS
|Project:||Gyda – Ignition Source Control Upgrade|
|Period:||Sep 2012 – Dec 2013|
SoW: Shutdown philosophy and ignition source control (ISC) is not in accordance with current regulations. Automatic ignition source trip in the event of gas leak is inadequate.
ALIGN was assigned as EPCI-C contractor, which also conducted the FEED study in 2011.
The project implemented a new shutdown philosophy at Gyda.
Main deliverables in the project:
- Modifications of switchgear and distribution boards (isolation of boards and individual circuits)
- Installing new gas detectors in LER / switchboard, ventilation, processing and drilling areas)
- HW and SW modifications to the F & G / ESD systems (new node + new IO on existing nodes)
- Replacement of Control panels for emergency generators
- Upgrading cranes according to NORSOK regulations
- Installation of new Water Mist System
- Honeywell: Control system
- Otera/Elektromarine: Emergency generator Control Panel
- FPE: Water Mist System
- EnerMech: Crane slip ring
«We are very pleased with the work performed on the Gyda Platform. Very high HSE focus, good work orders and quality of work description and good quality on work performed. No punch items of course»!
– Arvid Sola OIM, Talisman.
«The ignition source project has been executed to our full satisfaction, without any unwanted situations, well planned, good follow up and completion. This project serve as a bench mark on how we execute projects i Talisman, Norway».
– John Magne Hvidsten, VP Gyda Hub, Talisman.